Friday, March 21, 2008

Pickled Eggs

Pickled eggs. My sister just can not seem to remember how to make these. When you see how you will laugh. We make these a good bit our family loves them . The kids call them pink eggs. Easter is the best time because what else are you going to do with all of those colored eggs.

you need 1doz. eggs, Vinegar, Sugar, (2)Canned beets.

Get a large container. I like to use an old coffee can or something old with a lid that will seal. (If it spills beet juice stains everything). Also the beet juice will stain the container. Peel the eggs and put in the container poor canned beets on top.

On the stove put 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour hot mixture of the beets and eggs. No need to stir. Place in fridge. They will stay good in the fridge 2 weeks.

Other things we love to make with our colored eggs. Eggs salad & Deviled Eggs.
My kids each year color eggs and we take them to the older people on our circle. I wonder if the eat them or toss them. Either way I know my kids think they are giving.

No comments: